Student Success and Wellbeing
Student Success and Wellbeing is committed to enhancing the student experience for all USQ students. We do this through inclusive professional practice and collaboration across the Schools, Faculties and Divisions of the University. We know a combination of academic and social integration is essential to the successful transition to University and to a rewarding University experience. Our services are confidential, and reflect the diversity of the students and communities we serve. The Health and Wellness team promotes positive wellbeing across the University community providing a range of services to support physical and psychological wellbeing.
A rewarding and challenging opportunity is currently available for an experienced health professional to drive the development and operation of the University’s accredited General Practice and health promotion initiatives.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Associate Director (Health and Wellness), your key focus will be to lead a multidisciplinary team of health service professionals to enhance the student experience and to facilitate student progress in tertiary study.
You will also apply your considerable expertise to:
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the University’s accredited Medical Practice including liaison and recruitment of contracted General Practitioners, allied health practitioners and other internal and external stakeholders;
- Implement high standards of clinical care and administration ensuring compliance with current RACGP standards and successful accreditation;
- Take responsibility for medical/health systems, software and equipment, as well as clinical risk management systems including receiving and disseminating any important communication or updates (such as health alerts) and contingency plans.
- Lead the quality improvement and risk management processes, cold chain management and infection control processes within our practice.
- Coordinate the financial management of the health service including medical billings, Doctor’s service fees and various incentive, commission, and incoming fees;
- Ensure the health service meets legislative obligations and accreditation standards managing and monitoring risk management procedures; and
- Contribute to the USQ Trauma Response and Recovery Team, enhancing the University’s crisis management response in the instance of a critical event or highly distressed staff/student;
It is expected that you will diligently maintain the required skills and knowledge to respond to complex presentations such as mental health issues, domestic violence, sexual assault and suicidal risk.
What will help you succeed?
Key to your success in this highly influential role, will be your exceptional management skills, confident decision making and your proactive attitude towards health.
Additionally, you will have:
- A degree in Management, Human Resources, or Allied Health with extensive experience in leadership and management in a complex organisation and ideally you will possess practice management qualifications or experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation and rules that impact on health services, including Medicare Australia, RACGP standards and practice accreditation;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, respect for cultural diversity and a genuine desire to motivate and lead the team to achieve high quality student and patient care;
- Superior time management to independently organise and manage a wide variety of complex tasks and projects to meet deadlines whilst achieving high quality strategic outcomes;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively liaise with, and provide information and advice to, internal and external clients, both orally and in writing; and
- Demonstrated ability to undertake applied research, contribute to scholarly publications and actively participate in relevant projects.
Eligibility for a Blue Card (Working with Children) is an essential requirement of this position.
Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Agency as a Registered Nurse is desirable.
What we offer?
This is your opportunity to influence the growth and development of USQ’s wellness service and make a valuable contribution to the USQ student experience. You will oversee a collaborative and multi-disciplinary team that is committed to ongoing professional development.
Additionally, as a staff member of USQ, you will experience of range of rewarding career, financial and lifestyle benefits, including generous superannuation, professional development programs, discounted personal travel and health services and many work/life balance initiatives.
USQ Toowoomba is located on the beautiful Darling Downs in Queensland. Situated on the edge of the picturesque Great Dividing Range, just one and a half hours west of Brisbane and only two hours from both the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Toowoomba offers all the benefits of urban living without any of the big-city pressures. With a population of approximately 160,000 residents, Toowoomba has an enviable reputation for quality of lifestyle and world-class education. Escape the pressures of big city life while still pursuing your career goals and enjoy all that this thriving regional community has to offer.
Term: Full-time continuing appointment (36 hrs/wk)
Salary: Total remuneration range $126,158 to $133,474 pa (includes salary range of $106,600 to $112,782 pa, employer super contributions of 17% and annual leave loading)
Closes: Sunday 18th February 2018 at 11.59pm.
At USQ, we are united by our core values of Respect, Integrity and Excellence, which guide our daily actions and decision making.
If you think you can bring this role to life, we invite you to submit your resume/CV along with a two page statement outlining your motivation and suitability for the role. Please visit the USQ HR portal to apply for the position: https://www.usq.edu.au/hr/jobs
You can find out more about the role in the Position Description.