Our practice aims to provide excellent supportive administrative care to our practice community of paediatricians and allied health professionals and their young patients and families. We are located in the inner eastern suburbs of Adelaide.
Our practice uses a range of cloud and local information and practice management technological systems whilst providing personalised care and attention to the individual needs of those in our practice community. Attention to maintaining a welcoming, well- functioning, clean, comfortable, homely environment is required of all staff both in regards to needs of patients and the operational needs of providers. The ability to understand the parents’, child’s and adolescent’s needs and experience of our practice is essential.
Initially, at least, the position will be offered on a casual basis and it is expected that it will be for about 30 hours per week, paid at the Award rate. Increased hours, and opportunities for further training to grow a career in health administration or related areas will be available to the right person.
The position will include reception duties, administrative work as well as some cleaning and other facility maintenance work.
- General reception & administrative tasks
- Communication and liaison with practice team members, parents, providers and children in person and via phone and email and other messaging systems.
- Light cleaning and tidying and general maintenance of comfortable, clean, hygienic, organised environment
- Immediate cleaning of any spills/mess associated with the medical & paediatric nature of the practice
Key qualities of the successful applicant:
Positivity, empathy, precision, efficiency, responsibility and generosity will be obvious in your engagement with the practice team, the providers and patients and their families in our practice.
The right person will be able to demonstrate the following essential skills and capacities:
- Warmth and empathy with people of all ages
- Clear, effective and friendly communication skills, including a professional phone manner
- Determination and effectiveness in work for cohesive outcomes driven teamwork with fellow staff so as to share responsibility for performance, relationships and enjoyment of work
- Readily seeks and accepts assistance, direction and feedback to improve performance and outcomes
- Uses initiative when appropriate
- Gives careful attention to detail, strong drive to learn and achieve excellent outcomes
- Understands and acts within patient & practitioner confidentiality requirements and seeks direction where unclear or circumstances are not typical
- Appropriately prioritises and effectively manages the various tasks of their workload including when under limited supervision
- Has experience of and skills in performing as required by administrative systems, policy , procedures and guidelines and efficient work practices
- Experience in use of a range of computer, IT and software technologies, including Word, email, databases, filing
- Honesty, reliability, and trustworthiness
Desirable Qualities (non-essential)
- Medical reception and/or administrative experience
- Knowledge of Genie medical software or similar
Applications close 16 February 2018 and an immediate start is preferred.
All applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to the Angela Conway, Practice Director
(Phone 04386188440 if you need any clarification about the vacancy)