Practice Manager/Allied Health Clinic
This is an exciting position within a small boutique allied health practice where you can learn lots about food and health and make a difference to people’s lives. You will work as part of a team, including two other receptionists and several dietitians, and enjoy a friendly and dynamic environment.
Casual / Part Time
The work is varied and interesting and you will get to meet lovely clients and forge friendships with staff. Our mission is to help people realise their potential to look and feel great and experience more energy and vitality. We encourage the use of minimally refined and seasonal foods, which are better for your body and the health of the planet. We foster holistic care. This includes a good diet, adequate sleep, water, rest, relaxation, physical activity, exposure to sunshine and healthy family relationships. Importantly, we believe in harnessing the powerful healing properties of lifestyle medicine, to abolish or reduce the need for medications that may provide harmful side effects
Responsibilities and Duties
This is a ‘hands on’ position and will suit some who enjoys a mix of reception and administration duties. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- General reception - including patient inquiries, appointment setting, processing patient payments using HICAPS and Medicare EasiClaim.
- Co-ordinating and managing staff and clinic projects.
- Maintaining knowledge of current policy and procedures.
- Updating clinic website.
- Creating Excel charts to track various projects.
- Updating Powerpoint presentations.
- Ensuring office equipment is maintained and in good working order.
- Prior experience as a Practice Manager or Senior Medical Receptionist within a health setting.
- Available to work initially a minimum of 10 hours over 2 weekdays (Monday to Friday) for handover to service a minimum 20 hours over 4 days hours ranging between 9.00 am – 7.30 pm. Regular days and shift times will be confirmed with you but these may need to vary from time to time to meet client needs and you must be able to be flexible. No week-end work is involved.
- Friendly nature – you should have easy rapport with clients over the phone and in person to make appointments.
- Pro-active approach to work with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Self-motivated, efficient and organised.
- Excellent computer skills – you must be comfortable with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and Outlook. Knowledge of other programs such as Best Practice and ability to pick up new programs quickly would be to your advantage.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Reliable – without deterrents that would prevent you from attending work regularly at agreed times and able to cover other staff occasionally for sick leave (at short 2 notice) and holidays (advance notice given and additional shifts may be required for a period of 1-3 weeks).
- Trustworthy – to handle confidential client information and be an ethical team player.
- Seeking long term employment – an ongoing part-time role is offered with the potential for growth and development as clinic opportunities arise. If you are looking for a short term position, this job won’t be right for you.
- Interest in food and health – we practise what we preach. You will also be expected to demonstrate a genuine interest in health and wellbeing.
- Excellent English and communication skills are vital and we’d like for people to be able to hear a smile in your voice, particularly when you’re on the phone.
This is an exciting position that will not last!
If this sounds like you, please email (email@example.com) your resume and a covering letter outlining how you meet each of the essential criteria ASAP.
Message sent successfully...