About this award
The Practice Management Award for Excellence in Chronic Disease Management is kindly sponsored by a grant from MSD.
Chronic Disease Management (CDM) covers many complex disease areas within general practice. Perhaps your practice has established a CDM program or activity that has resulted in improved outcomes for your patients. An example of this may be setting up a Diabetes Clinic or a Cardiovascular Disease prevention program.
The award, worth approximately $2,000 is to be used to further the recipient’s career in practice management in any way that contributes to enhancing patient outcomes. For example:
- Attending a relevant conference
- Visiting a General Practice in another country (E.g. New Zealand)
- Other relevant educational experience as approved by AAPM to the value above
To be eligible for the Practice Management Award for Excellence in Chronic Disease Management, you must:
- Be a full member of AAPM. (Directors of AAPM, members of Selection Panels and Associate members of AAPM are not eligible to apply.)
- Be registered for and attend the AAPM National Conference (The winner of the Award will be announced at the National Conference)
- Ensure you meet the criteria
- Complete the application form below
1) Provide a practice profile no longer than 100 words (maximum of 600 characters)
2) Provide the following information in approximately 250 words (1,500 characters) for each item:
- Identify how your program or activity has contributed to enhancing patient outcomes in your practice
- Show how the program or activity enhanced practice processes for identification and review of patients with or at risk of a chronic condition.
- Show how this has improved the management of patients with a chronic condition in your practice
- Show how this has resulted in enhanced practice policy for management of chronic conditions
3) Submit a brief statement (up to 100 words) from your employer endorsing your application and the details it contains
Applications/Nominations open on Monday 13 June 2016 and close on Monday 15 August 2016
The application form will appear on this page only during that time period.