This award recognises and rewards a Practice Manager for his or her special contributions to medical, specialist, dental or allied health practice management.
Each state selects its own State Practice Manager of the Year, who receives an award at the state level. The winner of each State Practice Manager of the Year Award is then a finalist for the National Practice Manager of the Year Award.
An AAPM member managing a healthcare practice, who, in the opinion of the selection panel, has demonstrated exceptional skills in his/her role.
Proven sound knowledge and skills in the following areas must be demonstrated:
- Outstanding leadership and team building skills
- Commitment to ongoing education in practice management and in raising the profile of practice management
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Implementation of systems to support quality care in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Excellence in communication skills; both verbal and written
- Must be currently employed as a manager of a healthcare practice
- Must be currently holding or studying toward a qualification in Practice or Business Management
- Must be a full financial member of AAPM or the key contact of a Practice Member
- Must be upholding the ethos and Code of Conduct of The Australian Association of Practice Management Ltd
- Members of State Branch Committees are eligible to apply
- Directors of AAPM, Members of Selection Panels, Associate Members and Corporate Members of AAPM are not eligible to apply
- Any member who has been part of a Practice Manager of the Year Selection Panel in the past two years is not eligible to apply
Members may be nominated by their employer or other associate. ALL Nominees will be required to complete the online application form (below) themselves.
In order to complete and submit the application form you will need the following:
- Name, contact details and AAPM Membership number of the Practice Manager nominated for the award
- Name and contact details of the nominator or the person endorsing nomination
- Practice profile (250 words)
- Responses to the selection criteria: there is a separate response field for each criterion (approx 100-200 words for each)
- Two (2) referee statements supporting the application from a Principal in the practice and an independent observer (200 words each)
No additional material (e.g. images, videos, other documents) may be included with the nomination. This is to ensure a fair and equitable process for all applicants. If selection panels require additional information to assist them in making a decision, all nominees will be contacted with this request.
Please note: Applications/Nominations open for 2016 on 1 March. Applications close on Tuesday 31 May
With Thanks to our Sponsor: