Avant is proud to partner with AAPM and each year sponsor five scholarships for practice management courses at UNE Partnerships through the Avant AAPM Scholarship Program. The purpose of the scholarships program is to foster and promote continuing training and professional development for AAPM members.
Each scholarship pays for enrolment [up to the value of $4,000] in one of the following UNE Partnerships courses:
- Certificate IV in Business for Health Practice Managers
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management for Health Practice Managers
- Diploma of Professional Practice Leadership
- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
These courses have been developed in conjunction with industry professionals, and are aimed at Practice Principals, Managers and administration staff. They offer all students an accelerated career path within the Practice environment, fast tracking you or your staff's progress through administrative and managerial roles.
For an overview and skill outcomes for each of these courses, please visit:
These courses are to be completed via distance education only and within three years of the granting of the scholarship.
In order to be considered as a candidate for these Scholarships, applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be a Full Member of AAPM. Non-members can apply for membership prior to applying for a scholarship
- Employed in a medical practice as a Practice Manager, or currently working towards this role
- Completed a minimum of Year 12 or have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a practice
- Meet any other entry criteria for the Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate required by UNE Partnerships for admission into the relevant courses
Conditions for Successful Applicants,
Successful applicants undertake to:
- Complete the course of study within three years of the granting of the scholarship
- Maintain a role as Practice Manager or similar for the duration of the scholarship period or will forfeit the benefits of the scholarship. Any recipient who fails to complete their approved course of study during the allocated timeframe, or who does not maintain a role as Practice Manager, will be required to pay AAPM back in full, all monies paid on their behalf
- Maintain their membership of AAPM for the duration of the scholarship period or will forfeit the benefits of the scholarship. Any recipient who does not maintain their membership of AAPM will be required to pay back in full, all monies paid on their behalf
- Consent to provide ongoing information for publication on the Avant and AAPM web pages, and other publications as appropriate
Terms and Conditions for the Avant AAPM Scholarship Program.
Please note applications will open on 7 August and close on 30 September 2017.
Applications may be submitted ONLY online. The link to an application form will appear on this page between the above dates.
Doctors and healthcare practitioners are also invited to nominate their Practice Managers for a scholarship. A nomination form will also appear on this page between the above dates. We will contact your nominee to confirm acceptance of the nomination before asking him/her to complete the Application Form.